Thursday, February 2, 2012

Another Overdue Update (I promise we will get better!)

Happy New Year Everybody!

I was completely embarrassed when I realized it has been so many months since we have updated our blog and filled ya'll in on our lives! Please forgive us, it has been several months of crazy in Finchville.
In October, Chris and I found out that we were expecting a baby. We were overwhelmed and humbled that God had chosen us to become parents and were also extremely excited. I began the process of my 1st tri-semester, complete with all of the fun symptoms that go along with that. December 1st, we went in for my 12 week appointment and to hear the heartbeat for the first time. We were excited, but that excitment soon turned to extreme sadness when, after several tests, we found out that our baby never developed a heart. The pain and hurt that we felt at the news is hard to put into words, but I have never been so glad for such an amazing husband who walked through that time with me. Over the next week, I had several tests run, and everything led back to the same conclusion. I had surgery the following week, and we slowly began the process of healing. I am so thankful for all of our friends and family that showered us with love, hugs and prayer, who listened when we talked and who encouraged with Scripture. You will never know how much each of you meant to us.
This time of stretching and trying was really hard for me, to reconcile God with my circumstances. Scripture like Romans 15:13 (thanks Erin) and Psalm 62:6-7 became so dear to me as I was reminded that although we live through trials, hard times and tragedy, that doesn't mean God is any less powerful or real and that He still loves and cares for us.
I remembered a sermon I heard several years ago. This sermon was based on Hebrews 11, the chapter of faith. We always read about the men and women who are mentioned by name for their faith, but there is another part of the chapter that we often skip over. Verses 37 and following talk all about those who were tortured and died for their faith. It is so easy to want to be the ones that God calls by name and exalts for their obedience to follow Him, but are we willing to also be the ones that suffer for Him? This question has never been more real to Chris and I has it has over the last 2 months.
As I mentioned in the beginning, there have been many things happening in our lives, but the rest of it is for another day. :) We again are so thankful and blessed by all those of you who have walked with us in the dark places we have felt over the last several weeks.

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment